The Home Services WordPress theme provides a Teams Custom Post Type (CPT) feature that allows you to showcase your team members on your website.
This documentation will guide you through the process of effectively using the Teams CPT to display information about your team members.
We hope you have already activated the pro version of the Alley Business Toolkit. If not, follow this documentation to install and activate the pro version.
How to Create/Add a New Team Member?
Step 1: Accessing the Teams CPT
Login to your Dashboard> Go to Alley Toolkit > Teams
Step 2: Adding a New Team Member
To add a new team member, look for a button or link that says “Add New”. Clicking on it will take you to a new team member creation form.
Now that you have navigated to the Team CPT window, you can now add/create, update and delete team members on your website.
Please note that no pre-existing testimonials will be listed in this section if you haven’t imported the demo.
Step 3: Filling in Team Member Details
In the team member creation form, you’ll typically find fields to enter the following details:
- Team Member Name: Enter the name of the team member.
- Team Member Position: Specify the role or position of the team member (e.g., Owner, Technician, Manager, Designer, Sales Representative, etc.).
- Team Member Description: Provide a brief description or bio of the team member. This can include their expertise, background, or any other relevant information.
- Team Member Image: Upload a photo or image of the team member. This helps personalize the profile and create a visual connection with the audience.
- Excerpt: Provide a concise (very short) overview of the individual team member; it will be shown in card designs on homepage and team archive pages.
Step 4: Publishing the Team Member Profile
Once you’ve filled in the necessary details, click on the “Publish” button to save and publish the team member’s profile. The profile will now be visible on your website, depending on how you’ve configured the theme.