Get insights on the top free and paid Instagram marketing tools. Handpicked marketing tools for Instagram to grow your business in 2023.
Running your business on Instagram?
You will need tools for Instagram marketing to boost your strategy.
How do Instagram marketing tools help? What are the best Instagram marketing tools for your business?
Let’s find out!
Best Instagram Marketing Tools for Business
You can find a number of marketing tools that cater to Instagram. But not all of them will have the features you need for your business. Since businesses and their goals differ, it might be hard finding the perfect tool.
Our top 10 list of marketing tools on Instagram makes it easy for you. But before we dive into it, let’s look into Instagram’s built-in analytics.
Instagram Insight is in-built analytics for Instagram. It is available for anyone with an Instagram business account.
You can get important metrics such as engagement, growth, and audience age groups. The details may not be as in-depth as other paid marketing tools. Yet, Instagram insight does provide you with essential data.
Accessing Instagram Insight on your business Instagram account is easy. Simply log in and tap the Insights button. Instagram Insight has a lot to offer. Although limited, it still gives you a great deal of information. To learn more on how to use Instagram insight effectively, read this guide.
- Instant access with a business Instagram account.
- Great for beginners.
- Free access.
- Limited data available.
- Metrics only show data from Instagram.
- You can only get data from your instagram profile.
Instagram Marketing Tools Comparison
Why Use Instagram Marketing Tools for Your Business?
A look into Instagram stats:
As the stats suggest, Instagram has quite an impact on consumers. It is one of the most popular platforms to get your brand ahead. Besides numbers, here are the top reasons to use Instagram marketing tools:
- It allows you to get a wider reach and direct engagement.
- You will be able to have one-on-one communication with the audience.
- You get an in-depth insight into your audience’s interests. This allows for better strategies.
- You can monitor your campaign performance.
- It will enable you to see your post performance. For instance, post engagement, post likes, etc.
- Insights help create better and relatable content.
Top 10 Marketing Tools to Grow Your Instagram:
Iconosquare is social network analytics and management platform. It is powerful, simple, and packed with excellent features. It covers all leading social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and TikTok. You can manage channels and monitor performance. Much more, you can create stunning reports in seconds.
Iconosquare is one of the best Instagram tools for marketing. You can measure and improve your Instagram performance with in-depth insights. It allows you to create and edit reports in seconds. You can automate your reports and download them. Think of it as an Instagram marketing automation tool.
Its dashboard is intuitive and simple. With its quick-use buttons, you can easily add and switch between profiles. It lets you include multiple data from many social media platforms. You can modify the dashboard and even filter it.
The analytics feature gives you an overview and an in-depth insight. You can measure page views, follows, likes, engagements, etc., in one place. But Iconosquare is much more than just analytics. Its publishing tool comes with amazing features as well. You can manage channels, create schedules, and much more.
Another useful feature of Iconosquare is its free tools. It offers Instagram audit, Omnilink, and Twinsta. All important tools for social media marketing.
- Best overall marketing tool for Instagram.
- Simple and clean layout.
- Powerful analytics and content management features.
- Does not have a free version.
Best for Small, medium, and large-sized businesses and freelancers.
- Pro plan: $49 per month (billed yearly). 14-day free trial.
- Advanced plan: $79 per month (billed yearly). 14-day free trial.
- Enterprise plan: Custom pricing. 14-day free trial.
Buffer is a popular social media management tool. It works best for small businesses and small marketing teams. With Buffer, you get three products: Publish, Reply, and Analyze. This marketing platform is another ideal Instagram tool for marketing.
Buffer publish helps you plan and post content. Its clean layout is easy to understand. Plus, you get options for shortening links. Posting options are available for all major social media platforms.
Buffer Reply is a new addition to the platform. It focuses on social conversations. A key feature here is its social inbox. It brings all your social messages to one place. A big time-saver!
With Buffer Analyze, you get in-depth reports in just a few clicks. It shows your social media page performance, page reach, follows, etc. The reports are easy to set up and insightful.
Buffer comes in four price plans. Its free plan lets you connect with three social media accounts. It allows ten scheduled Instagram posts as well. This makes it a great choice for businesses that are just getting started. You can create calendars and even schedule your first comment on Instagram.
With time, you can easily upgrade to another Buffer plan. Depending on your need, Buffer has different plans that fit your business.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Free accounts are available.
- Easy setup and scheduling.
- Cost can add up if you use multiple channels.
- Limited features in the free version.
Best for Small businesses to medium-sized businesses.
- Free plan: $0 manage up to three channels.
- Essential plan: $5 per month per channel.
- Team plan: $10 per month per channel.
- Agency plan: $100 per month for 10 channels.
Later, it works for many social media platforms. But it has a better impact on Instagram. It works similarly to Instagram. You have to upload an image before starting a post. After that, you add your text and information to the image.
This social media scheduling platform comes with a drag-and-drop interface. They work great as posting tools. You can edit photos, publish stories, and much more.
It has a quick schedule feature. This allows you to drag and drop posts into your chosen schedules. Later has another useful feature called “Search & Repost.” This is specific to Instagram only. It allows you to search posts on Instagram through #hashtags. You can easily find content related to your business and repost them. You can also add posts to its media library and use it when needed.
Later offers a free plan and paid plans. Features on the free plan are limited. So, to get deeper insights on Instagram, users should go for paid plans. It gives access to better data about your page, audience, and Instagram stories.
- Focuses on visuals. This makes it ideal for Instagram.
- Issues with large file sizes.
- Hard to schedule posts in bulk.
Best for Small, medium to large businesses.
- Starter plan: $18 per month. 14-day free trial available.
- Growth plan: $40 per month. 14-day free trial available.
- Advanced plan: $80 per month. 14-day free trial available.
Awario is an online media monitoring tool. It allows you to track brand mentions and engage with the audience. You can also monitor competitors.
Its powerful features let you get in touch with influencers. You can understand your brand sentiment and access KPIs and metrics. These are all highly useful features to analyze your marketing performance.
Creating reports in Awario is also very easy. You can modify reports based on stats, comparisons, etc. You can also rearrange the widgets and even compare data sets. Awario also offers real-time updates. Its advanced features are a great asset to any marketing strategy.
Awario is available in three price plans. It does not offer a free plan. But you can get a free trial for the starter plan.
- The dashboard is clean and easy to understand.
- Easy to create reports.
- Powerful features.
- Gathering data may take some time.
- The interface may require some time to learn.
Best for Small to medium-sized businesses.
- Starter plan: $24 per month (billed yearly)
- Pro plan: $74 per month (billed yearly)
- Enterprise plan: $249 per month (billed yearly)
Phlanx is one of the best marketing and promotional tools. It is best known as an influencer marketing platform. It is created for PR professionals to work with influencers. It features engagement metrics, an influencer directory, and much more.
Phlanx has a unique feature that sets it apart from others. It’s an engagement calculator. Engagements on different channels can be calculated on this platform. It measures social media marketing campaigns. Phlanx is very useful for Instagram competitor tracking as well. Phlanx comes in three price plans with a free trial available for each. With annual billings, you get three months free. It also comes with a 30-day free trial period.
- Unlimited searches.
- Competitors provide similar features for free.
Best for Small to medium-sized businesses.
- Phlanx offers three months free with yearly billing.
- Basic plan: $25 per month. (billed yearly for $300). Free trial available.
- Premium plan: $35 per month. (billed yearly for $420). Free trial available.
- Business plan: $55 per month. (billed yearly for $660). Free trial available.
6. Sprout Social
Sprout Social is a very handy social media marketing tool. You can publish, schedule, and queue posts. Its social content calendar is simple and easy to understand. You can monitor mentions and engage with reviews and messages. It also comes with advertising tools to help promote your brand on social media. But that’s not all.
Sprout Social also has a bot builder for managing chats. You can monitor keywords and tags for content. You can publish, monitor, listen, and analyze all in one place. It is a great choice as a marketing tool for Instagram.
Once connected to your dashboard, Sprout Social asks questions to learn about your company’s goals. This helps the tool understand the problem better. It will save you time and help you run things more efficiently.
Sprout Social comes packed with great features for all kinds of businesses. Its single interface allows you to manage many social media accounts easily. Although costly, Sprout Social does offer a 30-day free trial.
- Comes with great features.
- Easy to manage and monitor accounts.
- Has a wide range of reports.
- Expensive pricing.
- Multiple postings must be done manually.
Best for Small businesses to large-sized businesses.
- Sprout Social offers a 30-day free trial.
- Standard plan: $89 per user per month. (billed yearly). Free trial available.
- Professional plan: $149 per user per month. (billed yearly). Free trial available.
- Advanced plan: $249 per user per month. (billed yearly). Free trial available.
AgoraPulse is one of the best social media management tools available. It helps you manage social media marketing in almost every aspect. It offers core features similar to Sprout Social. Such as publish, inbox, monitor, and reports. But AgoraPulse is cheaper compared to Sprout Social.
With AgoraPulse, you can create unlimited scheduled posts. You can schedule in bulk and assign posts. Its inbox comes with priority tagging, advanced filters, and automation. It also has a library to store needed media.
The core functions of AgoraPulse cover all vital tools for social media management. Therefore, it works as a good advertising software too. Each function comes with great features that make work easier for you. You can create posts for multiple platforms, create calendars, and schedule posts. Get insights on post and page performance. Track mentions with social listening. And get instant reports. Its ads tool also allows you additional data on current and past ads.
AgoraPulse comes with a free plan and free trials. The free plan is a great choice for small businesses and marketers. It supports three social media profiles and up to 40 scheduled posts per month. Its paid plan is available in three options.
Overall, AgoraPulse is a great marketing tool for businesses. It helps you manage channels efficiently. It helps you stay organized. And it has great value for money.
- Easy to manage publishing schedules.
- Clean user interface.
- Manage messages, comments, etc., all in one place.
- Limited content calendar layout.
Best for Marketing and advertising agencies and small to medium-sized businesses.
- AgoraPulse offers a 30-day free trial.
- Free plan: $0
- Pro plan: $79 per month. (billed yearly). Free trial available.
- Premium plan: $199 per month. (billed yearly). Free trial available.
- Enterprise plan: Custom pricing.
VSCO is a photo and video editing tool. It lets you edit and apply filters to your pictures. You can then share the photos on social media. It is a great tool for businesses active on Instagram.
VSCO has a simple and minimal interface. It offers visually appealing web galleries for photos. With the free version, you get standard features. But with the paid version, you can access more features. You can create new content, explore tutorials, and share photos.
The tool is similar to Instagram in certain aspects. Users can search and like pictures. They can share their own photos. Follow others, and communicate. You can share content on other social media platforms as well.
VSCO is not a social media management tool. But its photo-editing features can be very useful. This tool can help you create unique content for your business. However, learning to use the app may take some time.
- Simple design.
- Comes with great photo editing features.
- Free app available.
- Unavailable for Android.
- Most useful features are available only for the paid version.
Best for All kinds of businesses.
- VSCO Membership: $19.99 per year. 7-day free trial available.
Socialinsider is a social media analytics tool. It works great as a reporting tool too. It offers features such as publishing, listening, and reporting.
The tool is a great match for social media managers and small businesses. It offers in-depth insight into social media platforms. The tool comes with advanced Instagram analytics that helps drive engagement. You also get to create a better content strategy. You can automate reports and manage the dashboard from one location. You can also get in-depth competitor analyses across major social media channels.
Socialinsider provides a head-to-head comparison of social media channels. This is highly useful in knowing your brand’s position in the market. And with its advanced analytics, you can easily track social media KPIs. All of this in one dashboard makes your day easier.
- Comes with great features.
- Intuitive insight and analytics.
- Simple and easy to understand.
Best for Advertising and digital agencies, small to medium-sized businesses.
- Social media manager plan: $83 per month. (billed at $990 yearly). 14-day free trial available.
- Agency plan: $166 per month. (billed at $1990 yearly). 14-day free trial available.
- Enterprise plan: Custom pricing.
Leetags is a hashtag-generating tool. With it, you can find the most relevant hashtags related to your posts. You can explore hashtag categories. Save and copy hashtags depending on your need.
This marketing app is available for Android and Apple. The simple and easy interface allows you to generate hashtags in seconds. It shows the number of posts in which it is used, along with its relevance. This makes it easier for you to choose the best hashtag for your post.
With Leetags, you can improve your content by creating relevant hashtags. This gives you a better chance of increasing your Instagram post views and Instagram followers. You can also have main hashtags that relate to your product. This increases the relevancy of your post. It will help create more awareness about your brand and increase exposure.
- Generates hashtags.
- Useful for campaigns.
- The tool is not an analytical tool.
- You cannot publish content.
Best for All kinds of businesses.
- Available for free.
Instagram is a widely used platform to promote your business. With the help of these digital marketing tools, you can easily market your brand to a wider audience.
Each business has its own goal. Your marketing tool should be able to match it. Make sure to get a trial version before spending money on marketing tools. You may even be able to find an Instagram marketing tool free of cost. With the right tool, your business will see growth in no time.
Already made your choice but don’t know where to start? Check out this guide on how to measure your Instagram marketing success.
1. What is the Best Marketing Tool for Instagram?
Iconosquare, Buffer, Later, Awario, Socialinsider, and Agorapulse are some of the best Instagram marketing tools.
2. What Are Some Free Instagram Marketing Tools?
Iconosquare, Buffer, Later, and Leetags are Instagram marketing tools you can get for free.
3. What is the Most Important Metric on Instagram?
Reach sales, engagement, followers, and traffic.