The Promotions feature in the Home Services theme enables you to effectively highlight your most enticing deals and discounts on the homepage or a designated promotions page.
In this documentation, we will guide you on utilizing the Custom Promotion CPT feature in Home Services Theme to effectively showcase promotions, offers, or discounts on your website, attracting and engaging your customers.
We hope you have already activated the pro version of the Alley Business Toolkit. If not, follow this documentation to install and activate the pro version.
Creating or Adding new Promotions
Step 1: Login to your Dashboard> Alley Toolkit > Promotions
The screen will look like this. Now you can access the custom Promotion CPT to add, delete, and update your offers, promotions, and discounts.
*Note: If you haven’t imported the demo, there will not be any existing promotions listed here.
Step 2: Click on Add New to add new promotion
You can manually add or update new promotions to cater to your needs.
After you click on “Add New” a new window will open up. In this window, you will need to add content about the promotion you look forward to showcasing on your website.
Step 3: Fill up the Promotion Details
- Title of the Promotion: Enter the title of your promotion.
- Promotion Description: Explain and provide detailed information about the promotion.
- Excerpt: Provide a concise overview of the individual promotion to hook your customers.
- Disclaimer: Clarify the service’s intended purpose, limitations, or potential outcomes in this field. This will help set realistic expectations for your customers and prevent customers from being disappointed or dissatisfied.
- Post Attribute-Template: The two options on the dropdown control what your promotion page looks like.
- Default Template: This layout will show only the promotion page content.
- Promotion with Sidebar: This template will allow you to include a sidebar on the promotion page. Using the sidebar, you can embed a contact form, a call us button, or other methods to prompt your website visitors to take action on the offer.
- Note*: We recommend you to use Promotion with Sidebar template for each promotion page as it helps your user to take action to contact you.
- Tags: Promotion tags are useful if you have multiple promotions; these tags will help your users find relevant promotions and provide a convenient way to explore specific promotions on the promotion archive page. You can also showcase your topic-based promotions on the homepage using tags. For example, if user click on one tag then promotion related to that tag are shown in the page. Learn More
- Featured Image: Adding a featured image to the promotion not only enhances the promotion visually, it also reinforces your branding and social media sharing and makes the promotions more engaging. Featured images are shown on the homepage, promotion archive page, individual promotion page, and in social media when the link of the promotion page is shared.